The worldwide launch of Battlefield 2042 is just around the corner, and developers are launching the first major patch to try and remove some of the worst bugs of the early access period.
There are plenty listed in the patch notes as being removed, including many problems for those playing on PC.
These include instances of performance drop after a significant structure has been destroyed on a map.
There are also fixes for rubber banding issues during the final phase of a Battlefield All-Out Warfare match.
However, while there are several fixes for some of the worst problems encountered while playing Battlefield 2042, there are no changes for those waiting for the in-game chat to be enabled.
This isn’t expected to be implemented until later in 2021, and there is no ETA on when this crucial feature will be added.
The DICE team has also warned that servers will go down when the new Battlefield 2042 update, but it should only last for a short time.
The launch time for Battlefield 2042 update 0.21 has been scheduled for 8am GMT across PlayStation, Xbox and PC.
A message from DICE reads: “Ahead of the start of our worldwide launch for Battlefield 2042, we have a small update targeted at addressing some critical issues that we identified shortly before the start of Early Access.
“In the coming weeks, we’ll have more to share around further upcoming fixes, balance changes, and QoL enhancements. Over the next 30 days, we’re presently scheduled to release two further updates, with our next update delivering more fixes and improvements that we’ve identified during this first week of Early Access, and a larger and more substantial update following after that.
“There’ll be a short period of downtime whilst we deploy the update. We’ll keep you updated on our deployment timing over on the @BattlefieldComm Twitter account, where you can also follow along with our tracking of known issues, and changes that we’re able to make in real time.”
BATTLEFIELD 2042 PATCH NOTES
Fixes, Changes, and Improvements
- Implemented Server Side upgrades that are targeted at reducing instances of Rubber Banding, often experienced in the later part of a round in All-Out Warfare modes.
- Significantly reduced instances of stuttering when playing on Breakaway. If the Silo’s are destroyed, it should no longer reduce performance on the server.
- A note that we are continuing to investigate similar occurrences that have been reported to us on other maps.
- When looking at allies on your team, their names will now correctly display.
- Adjusted the animations for Falck during the End of Round sequence to ensure that she is displayed correctly.
- Updated a skin earnable for Boris via Mastery Progression with a new name: Gator.
- Ensured that TDM Rounds in Battlefield Portal always start with Random Deploy set as active. We observed that this sometimes wasn’t active when moving from round to round, but have now fixed this.
- Applied a set of measures that ensure the correct number of AI spawn in Custom Battlefield Portal modes using the Free for All preset.
- PC Only – Enabled Specialist Selection in Hazard Zone via mouse interaction, removing the need to lock in your selection with the Spacebar.
- Fixed a rare occurrence in Hazard Zone that would sometimes cause the End of Round flow to not activate correctly, ensuring that the correct amount of bonus XP was awarded.
- Repaired an issue found in Hazard Zone that could cause players to be shown on the Map when they were not visible, or spotted.
- Provided a fix for Hazard Zone players who were not seeing their Extraction Streaks updating correctly.
Published at Thu, 18 Nov 2021 04:17:21 +0000