Call of Duty Modern Warfare update size: Patch notes reveal bad news for PS4 and Xbox
According to today’s Call of Duty Modern Warfare patch notes, PS4 and Xbox One gamers are going to have to find more room.
It’s now been confirmed that gamers who enjoy Modern Warfare and Call of Duty Warzone will need to find an extra 10.6GB on PS4, 14.09GB on Xbox One, and 11.3GB (F2P) / 17.6GB (Premium), on PC.
MW has become notorious for its large patches and download sizes and it doesn’t appear to be changing with Season 5.
The good news is that the Xbox One update is not an extra 50GB+ bigger than other platforms, like what happened earlier this month.
There has been no word on how much this patch increases your install size, so gamers should be prepared to find 10GB+ of extra room today.
If you’re looking to free up hard drive space on your console, you have the option to delete content you may no longer wish to use in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.
This helpful guide has been provide by Activision and the steps can be followed below:
- 1. Launch Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.
- 2. When you reach the main menu, select Options.
- 3. Navigate to the General tab.
- 4. Scroll to the bottom and select Game Installs.
- 5. Highlight any content you wish to uninstall.
- Data Pack 1 – required for access to Campaign, Multiplayer, and Spec Ops
- Campaign Pack 1 (Xbox One only) – required to play Campaign
- Campaign Pack 2 (Xbox One only) – required to play Campaign
- Multiplayer Pack (Xbox One only) – required to play Multiplayer
- Multiplayer Pack 2 – required to play Multiplayer
- Special Ops Pack – required to play Special Ops
- Special Ops Pack 2 – required to play Special Ops
- Survival Pack (PlayStation 4 only) – required to play Special Ops Survival
- 6. Select Uninstall, then select Confirm.
Today’s Modern Warfare update brings a range of new content to the game, including the new Summer of Games event, which will kick off on August 28.
A message from Activision adds: “For participating in Games of Summer, players will receive rewards based on performance within each Trial.
“These rewards are stackable – if a competitor achieves gold on the first try, they will receive all three rewards for their epic (or in some cases, legendary) achievement.
“Each Trial medal comes alongside rewards (rewards can only be received once) and all players who participate earn the ‘Games of Summer Cup’ weapon charm.
“Trials rewards include but are not limited to vehicle skins, XP tokens, vehicle horns, calling cards, and Legendary weapon blueprints.
“Earn gold in each Trial and receive the Legendary Assault Rifle Juliet Blueprint, a weapon truly built for chasing first place on any leaderboard.
“Built for pure precision with a clear, non-magnified sight picture, consider this a “gold standard” among a competitive pool of this weapon platform’s existing blueprints.
“On top of these rewards, individual medals will give points to a player’s respective country, determined by their account’s origin. Each country’s points will be updated daily, and the top 15 countries will be visible on in-game leaderboards. Total scoring is weighted by country participants, so any nation can rise to the top.
“Earn medals and rack up your points for your country, then at the culmination of Games of Summer, a country will be crowned champion. Will there be an underdog that claims glory for a well-contested Trial at the 11th hour? Or will one country hold a commanding lead throughout the Games?”
There is also a new weapon to check out, new modes going live, and a number of tweaks to check out for the rest of Season 5.
Published at Tue, 25 Aug 2020 04:07:17 +0000