PS5 Christmas restock live alerts
PS5 consoles should be back in stock this week, and just in time for Christmas.
With Christmas creeping ever closer, PlayStation 5 customers only have a brief window to order a PS5 console and get it delivered.
Even worse is that after a busy month of restocks in November, last week’s PS5 stock drops were few and far between.
Fortunately, things look slightly better for the week ahead, or at least if Monday, December 6 is anything to go by.
PlayStation Direct has already restocked the PS5, offering a batch to customers via email, followed by another to the general public.
To stand a chance of getting an invite, simply visit the PlayStation website and sign into your account. Once logged in, click notifications, select ‘receive email notifications’ and then save.
It’s not unusual for PlayStation Direct to go live with multiple restocks in the same week, so keep an eye on those emails.
Likewise, BT/EE customers have also been invited to purchase the PS5, so it’s worth inquiring if you fall into this category.
You can see links for all the major stores likely to restock the PS5 below.
Elsewhere, it’s been a couple of weeks since Amazon restocked the PS5, so it wouldn’t be surprising if we had a stock drop in the next couple of days.
Argos, meanwhile, has just received a shipment of PS5 consoles, both disc-based and digital.
Unfortunately, however, it looks like the actual stock drop won’t take place until next week, although there’s a chance we’ll get one on December 10. Express Online will monitor the situation and update this article with all the latest developments.
“PlayStation 5 (Argos) Exclusive News. Argos has received both Disc and Digital Editions of PS5 consoles and is currently being distributed to local stores,” reads a PS5 UK Stock tweet.
“Once these distributions are complete, we’d see an online and in-store drop either on the 10th or between the 14th-17th.”
As for GAME, the UK retailer was one of the few outlets to restock the PS5 last week, so don’t expect another stock drop this week.
There’s a chance Currys will go live with a PS5 stock drop, although it will only be available to VIP customers.
If you want to get your own PS5 VIP Pass directly from the retailer, then you’ll need to visit the Currys website and sign up for a chance to buy a PS5 in the future.
If you’re unable to sign up or you fail to receive an email, then it’s worth trying the PS5 UK Stock account, which provides followers with unwanted codes donated by other customers.
If you’re really desperate, it’s worth trying the second-hand market, especially now that prices have started to drop.
CEX, eBay and Cash Converters all have PS5 consoles in stock and ready to ship, although you will have to pay a little more than the recommended retail price.
PS5: Sony unveil pricing for PlayStation 5 console
It’s also worth bookmarking some of the more popular stock checker accounts for even more alerts and information.
Some of the accounts mentioned above have Discord groups for PS5 customers, while some have live streams and alerts on sites like YouTube.
More PS5 shopping tips can be seen below, including a whole section dedicated to GAME…
PlayStation 5 general shopping tips…
• Login if you already have an account with the retailer.
• Use multiple devices wherever possible – desktop browser, laptop, tablet, smartphone.
• If the retailer has a dedicated app, download and use the app for purchasing a PS5.
• Sign up for retailer stock alerts where possible. Sites like ShopTo allow users to register interest.
• Follow stock checker accounts and websites, including PS5 UK Stock and Express Gaming.
PlayStation 5 shopping tips when buying from GAME…
• Get familiar with the bundles, so you know which one to target first: Obscure bundles are easier to get, standalones almost impossible. [GAME]
• When alerted, click through to your first bundle of choice as quickly as possible, this will get you into the queue. [GAME]
• If it says it’s failed when trying to checkout, it means that bundle is now OOS. So go back to the bundles and pick another one. [GAME]
• Checking out too much too quickly will give you a 30-60 second timeout, so don’t rush it. If this happens, just wait a bit then try again. [GAME]
Published at Mon, 06 Dec 2021 17:36:44 +0000