World War 2 began after Germany invaded Poland and later occupied France until the Allied Forces took victory in 1945.
The school was founded around 1934, with Frau Helene Rocholl as the headmistress, and a school badge which sported a Swastika on one side, a German imperial flag on the other, and a Union Jack in the middle.
Frau Helene was incredibly well connected to the Nazi regime, and many of the girls attending the school were similarly entrenched.
One was the god-daughter of Heinrich Himmler, a high-ranking Nazi, as well as Bettina von Ribbentrop, who was the daughter of the German foreign minister.
The finishing school also had some high society English girls, as well as members of the German aristocracy, teaching English and English customs.
Published at Thu, 25 Mar 2021 14:38:00 +0000