Saturday is here, alongside a brand new Wordle puzzle for you to solve over your Corn Flakes. Wordle 294 is available for 24-hours only, so you’ll need to hurry if you want to keep that winning steak alive. Indeed, if you are struggling with Wordle 294 for April 9, then fear not, because Express Online has put together a selection of spoiler-free clues to help you figure out the answer. Good luck!
Wordle is a deceptively simple game, but just in case you’re new to the daily puzzle, here’s how it works.
Players are given six chances to figure out a different five-letter word each day. You’ll need to use the process of elimination to solve the puzzle, which means paying attention to the colour of the tiles.
For every guess, the letter tiles will show up in one of three colours. If the tile turns grey, the letter does not appear in the word you are guessing.
If the tile turns yellow, the letter you guessed is in the word, just not in the correct position. If the tile turns green, the letter is in the word and in the right place.
If you really want a challenge, Wordle features a hard mode, which bans players from guessing letters that have already been ruled out. It’s risky, however, because if you fail to solve the puzzle, then you’ll have to wait until the next day for a new Wordle to be released.
General Wordle tips and tricks…
• Don’t use the same letter twice in your opening guess.
• Try to use a couple of vowels in your first guess, particularly ‘A’ and ‘E’.
• Avoid letters such as ‘X’, ‘Z’ and ‘Q’ until later on, when you have a better idea what the answer is.
• ‘RAISE’ is a good word to start with, while ‘TOUCH’ is a decent second guess.
• Check out the daily hints provided by Express Online below…
Wordle 294 hints and clues for April 9…
1. Wordle 294 starts with the letter S.
2. Wordle 294 contains two vowels.
3. Apples and Pear.
Published at Fri, 08 Apr 2022 23:26:00 +0000
Wordle 294 April 9 HINTS: Struggling with today’s Wordle? Three clues to help with answer