The PS5 is back in stock at BT, although you’ll need a code in order to purchase one.
Customers who visit the BT website will join a queue for the PlayStation 5 console.
Once you get through to the PS5 stock page, you’ll have ten minutes to make your purchase. BT has warned customers that the consoles are only available online, and not via its call centres.
“You are now in the PlayStation 5 queue,” the company explains. “Due to the high demand of the PlayStation 5, our site is a lot busier than usual so we’ve placed you in a temporary queue.
“If you’ve arrived here from your BT account area and have a valid code you are ready, you’ll soon be able to access the product page. If you’ve not currently got a code, check back in your BT account to claim one.
“When it’s your turn, you’ll have 10 minutes to enter the website.”
Express Online will keep this story updated with all the latest stock developments at GAME, Argos and Amazon. You can find links for the PS5 retailers in the hub below.
PlayStation 5 consoles are expected to be restocked throughout the week, beginning with a BT stock drop.
The next big PS5 restock takes place later today, with BT confirming that the console will be available to customers.
In order to stand a chance of bagging a PS5 this morning, simply sign up to receive notifications on the BT website.
“PlayStation 5 at BT – Codes are due to be sent today,” reads a PS5 stock checker post.
Customers on the receiving end of a code will be provided with instructions on how to to redeem it on the store.
Fortunately, it’s not just BT expected to restock the PlayStation 5 console this week.
Previous reports suggest multiple UK retailers have received shipments, which means the console should be available throughout the course of this week.
“PS5 shipments are beginning to arrive into UK retailers so, we may expect some drops from major retailers next week onward!” reads a PS5 Stock UK tweet.
Specifically, fans will be hoping for GAME, Argos and Amazon to restock the device, as these retailers tend to get the most stock.
While PS5 stock issues are likely to continue throughout the year, 2022 should be a better year for new games.
It all begins with the release of the Uncharted Legacy of Thieves Collection later this month.
The PS5 remaster contains shiny new versions of Uncharted 4 and Uncharted: Lost Legacy. Launching on January 28, the game features a brand new Performance+ Mode, which targets 120 frames-per-second at 1080p resolution.
The Uncharted Collection will be followed by Horizon Forbidden West in February and Gran Turismo 7 in March.
Finally, if you’re hoping to get your hands on a console this week, the shopping tips below should make things easier.
PlayStation 5 general shopping tips…
• Login if you already have an account with the retailer.
• Use multiple devices wherever possible – desktop browser, laptop, tablet, smartphone.
• If the retailer has a dedicated app, download and use the app for purchasing a PS5.
• Sign up for retailer stock alerts where possible. Sites like ShopTo allow users to register interest.
• Follow stock checker accounts and websites, including PS5 UK Stock and Express Gaming.
PlayStation 5 shopping tips when buying from GAME…
• Get familiar with the bundles, so you know which one to target first: Obscure bundles are easier to get, standalones almost impossible. [GAME]
• When alerted, click through to your first bundle of choice as quickly as possible, this will get you into the queue. [GAME]
• If it says it’s failed when trying to checkout, it means that bundle is now OOS. So go back to the bundles and pick another one. [GAME]
• Checking out too much too quickly will give you a 30-60 second timeout, so don’t rush it. If this happens, just wait a bit then try again. [GAME]
Published at Tue, 11 Jan 2022 08:32:00 +0000