Wordle fans can test their grey matter with a brand new puzzle for March 5. Wordle 259 is available for 24-hours only, so you’d better act fast if you want to maintain your winning streak. If you’re struggling with the latest daily puzzle and need a nudge in the right direction, Express Online has put together three clues to help you solve it. We won’t be giving away the answer, but continue to the bottom of the page if you want help solving Wordle 259. Good luck!
If you’re new to Wordle and are not exactly sure how to play it, here’s how the popular puzzle game works.
Players are given six chances to guess a different five-letter word each day. You’ll need to use the process of elimination to get the correct answer.
For each guess, the letter tiles will show up in one of three colours. If the letter tile turns grey, the letter does not appear in the word you are guessing.
If the tile turns yellow, the letter you guessed is in the word, just not in the correct position. If the tile turns green, the letter is in the word and in the right place.
The app keeps track of your statistics, showing the number of correct answers you’ve managed, and your winning streak.
If you fail to solve the puzzle, then you’ll have to wait until the next day for a new Wordle to be released.
Read on for the Wordle 259 hints…
General Wordle tips…
• Don’t use the same letter twice in your opening guess.
• Try to use a couple of vowels in your first guess, particularly ‘A’ and ‘E’.
• Avoid letters such as ‘X’, ‘Z’ and ‘Q’ until later on, when you have a better idea what the answer is.
• ‘CRANE’ is a good word to start with, while ‘GHOUL’ is a decent second guess.
Wordle 259 clues…
1. Today’s Wordle puzzle contains two vowels.
2. The letter ‘N’ appears somewhere in Wordle 259.
3. Arguably one of the easier Wordle puzzles in quite some time, failing to solve Wordle 259 will leave you feeling salty.
Published at Sat, 05 Mar 2022 02:00:00 +0000